Monday, October 1, 2012

Domestic Violence Awareness Month FACTS

OCTOBER IS NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
 
 
 
DO YOU KNOW...
 
  • That one in every four women will experience domestic/intimate partner violence in her lifetime.
  •  
  • That 85% of domestic/intimate partner violence victims are women.
  •  
  • That it is estimated that 1.3 million women are victims of domestic/intimate partner violence.
  •  
  • That females between the ages of 20 to 24 are at greatest risk of domestic/dating violence.
  •  
  • That the majority of domestic/intimate partner violence incidents go unreported to Police.
  •  
  • That domestic/intimate partner violence results in more than 18.5 MILLION mental health care visits each year.
  •  
  • That the cost of domestic/intimate partner violence exceeds $5.8 BILLION DOLLARS EACH YEAR!!
Learn the FACTS! Check out www.NCADV.org and www.WCADV.org
 
 
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS AN ILLNESS!!
ARE YOU SICK??
 
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS A KILLER OF SPIRIT, BODY AND SOUL!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. " My Life Without You"
    I begged you on hands and knees to
    try to live with me in peace, seem war
    stayed on your mind
    So here's the reasons
    why I'm leaving you behind
    I need space to think, to express myself
    without- your doubt
    Without - your eyes upon my thoughts
    Without - your dagger looks and pouts
    Without - the love/hate you feel for me
    Without - having to ask what do you prefer
    to eat
    Without - being the rug under your feet
    Without - taking your punches mentally and
    physically
    Without - wishing for the love I've never had
    Without - hearing you're sorry, over and over
    Again
    Without - You pretending to be my friend
    Without - the jealousy I feel you have
    Although every day I give my best
    Without - the evil you expose
    Without - the weakness you show
    Without - the non - support you show
    for my talents each day
    Without - responding to your negative ways
    Without - the fear of being alone, yet relieved
    when your gone
    Without - feeling I've wasted so many years
    Without - wishing I had a penny for each tear
    For me there's something you can do, give me
    back "My Life Without You"
    Poet: Tina Marie Clark
    @2007 tinamarieclark10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tina Marie Clark. We will share your poem with the women we serve.

    ReplyDelete

Rape in the Military, Domestic violence, sexual violence, murder, sex trafficking